By engaging or communicating with Hartalega Holdings Berhad (“Company”) for the purposes of applying for a position with the Company, or entering into an employment agreement, contract of service or contract for service between you and the Company, you consent to the processing of your personal data identified below and you confirm that all information is accurate and complete, and that none of it is misleading or out of date.
The data may include any personal data, sensitive personal data and/or information about you which were provided to the Company, including but not limited to the following:
- name, age, identification number and/or passport number, nationality, race, date and place of birth, gender, ethnicity, marital status, residential address, home and office telephone number, mobile contact number, personal email address, bank account number, academic records, professional qualifications, EPF number, SOCSO number, income tax number, employment history and the name and contact details of your next-of-kin or any other information necessary to process your personal data for job application purposes.
(collectively known as “Personal Data”)
Apart from the Personal Data collected above, the Company may also obtain and process data including but not limited to:
- any medical conditions and medications taken by you (where applicable), political opinions, religious beliefs, information relating to your spouse, child and/or other family members or commission or alleged commission by you of any offence (“Sensitive Personal Data”).
The Company may have obtained your Personal Data or Sensitive Personal Data directly from you or through verification for third party sources such as job listing platforms, human capital management platforms, credit reporting agencies, the Insolvency Department and/or other local authorities.
We will collect and use your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data for any of the following purposes:
- assessing your skills, qualifications and suitability for a role in the Company;
- processing employment application, including conducting background checks, pre-employment verification of information provided by you;
- determining and payment of salaries, incentives, bonuses, employment stock options, group medical benefits, and other benefits;
- maintaining records in relation to the Company’s recruitment process;
- monitoring compliance with our internal rules and policies;
- complying with the compliance and disclosure requirements of all governmental and/or quasi-governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies (e.g. Inland Revenue Board, the Employee’s Provident Fund Board, the Social Security Organisation, Bank Negara Malaysia);
- reserving our rights under employment law or any other applicable laws to enforce or defend our rights under the law in relation to matters including but not limited to any disciplinary action or actions relating to the termination of employment; and
- any purposes relating thereto.
(collectively known as “Purposes”)
It is voluntary for you to supply your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data to us, however, should you refuse, we may not be able to process your application for employment successfully.
The Company may disclose your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data to third parties such as (a) service providers relating to IT, records management storage, banks, insurance and professional advisors; and (b) governmental departments and/or regulatory and/or statutory bodies where required by law.
Where the Company’s service providers are located outside Malaysia, your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed outside Malaysia. You consent to the transfer and use of your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data outside Malaysia.
Your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data shall be retained by the Company for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
The Company is committed to safeguarding your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data and ensuring that it is stored securely. You are entitled to request access to and/or make correction to your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data, or to refuse or limit the processing of your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data by writing to the following:
Notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, the Company may still proceed to process your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data in circumstances recognised and permitted by law. The Company also has the right to refuse or deny such requests to access and/or correct your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data under applicable laws.
The Company may also collect Personal Data of your professional or personal referees, including your referee’s name, residential address, occupation, and contact number. If you provide your referees’ Personal Data, you warrant and represent that you have informed your referee that you will be providing their Personal Data to the Company, and that you have obtained your referees’ consent for the Company to process their Personal Data.